As simple as fixing leaky taps or water replaces incandescent bulbs with efficient ones, gestures can reduce the costs involved in housing. Sometimes small gestures can mean big results for the home to be more sustainable and allow us to save money.
Although these are not the only tricks to make our home a more sustainable place, we can also monitor the toxicity of materials or purify the air with humidifiers.
- Repair Leaky Water Taps: each drop that is wasted by the second 30 liters of water is lost daily. With this amount, you can fill up to five times the toilet tank in one day. Also, if you’re thinking about changing the faucet ecological commitment as the tap flow limiters that prevent the waste of water by mixing cold and hot options. And you can save up to 50% of water every time it is used.
- Pressure Reducer: another way to save up to 30% of water is due to pressure reducers, whose facility is beside the counter.
- Harnessing rainwater through a rain tank to store rainwater from gutters for later use in tasks such as watering plants or filling the toilet.
- Aerator Taps: These small parts are easily placed and water and air mixture, creating a savings of up to 50% every time the tap is opened.
- Place a double push on the toilet, so you can opt for the partial discharge (three liters) or total (six liters).
- If you replace your appliances, make sure they have the highest energy efficiency rating (class a), which consume much less energy. Will reduce your electric bill and you will help reduce CO2 emissions.
- If you cook with the lid on will save 30% of energy and an electric kettle is more energy efficient to boil water.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with efficient ones. Grab thermostats and programmers to regulate the temperature of the heating and air conditioning. Also installing thermal insulation significantly reduces the consumption of heating and air conditioning.
- Regulators electronic lighting creates warmer and romantic environments and also modulates the necessary illumination at all times. This ensures lower consumption proportionally. At home with children and in neighboring communities may also be interesting motion detectors that turn lights on only in the presence of people.
- To make the home a cleaner, healthier air to breathe can install exhaust fans, purifiers, humidifiers and dehumidifiers.