- Before you begin to see how the solar panels, and surely you have seen on the roofs of many buildings in your city, we have to speak a little solar energy work.
- As you know, solar energy is that which emanates from the core of the sun. It occurs due to a nuclear fusion reaction and due to the intense gravity conditions to which this subject. The sun is composed mainly of hydrogen and under specific conditions is melted to produce helium. This process releases enormous amounts of energy, springing from the heart of stars and travel through space for billions of years.
- The land is near the sun gets its energy and makes it different ways , so that the atmosphere and magnetosphere filter out much of the harmful solar radiation , but let in lengths corresponding to the visible light and infrared , so that what we get is it’s light and heat. An energy that has become one of the driving functions for life as we know it, as it promotes the most varied effects on the planet’s surface: among others, the winds, the formation of clouds and rain or climate change around the globe.
- The man wanted to find and build the most diverse ways to harness this energy and convert them to support life on earth and that is why right now is being heavily optimized this technology to extract energy from the sun and convert it into energy for human use such as electricity and hot water .
Electricity from Solar Energy:
- Speaking of solar power as a renewable energy, we must also mention the fact of having transducers for converting various forms of natural energies in energy usable by man.
- To transform the sun’s energy into energy that we can apply to our daily lives, we need a photocell, which is an electronic device that transforms light energy into electrical energy through the use of a process called the photoelectric effect.
- The process is that the light that comes in the form of photons, hits on a constructed mainly of silicon (solar panels) and emits electrons emitted – to – capture surface produce an electric current.
- Currently he is experimenting with solar cells double-sided, with the help of reflective surfaces; they can double the efficiency by extending the exposure to sunlight surface.
- These cells are what are known as photovoltaic solar panels and employing such advanced technology as complex and precise.
How do Solar Panels Work ?
The operation of the solar panels are based on the photovoltaic effect , which occurs when , about appropriately treated semiconductor materials , incident solar radiation to produce electricity, as I mentioned above.
At the moment it is exposed to solar radiation, the different content in the light transmit their energy to the electrons of semiconductor materials, then, can break the potential barrier of the junction, and so leave the semiconductor through an external circuit. These photovoltaic cells are combined in many different ways to achieve both the desired voltage and power.
Not surprisingly, we understand the smallest solar cell module junction semiconductor material and capable also of producing electricity . We must not forget at this point is called the photovoltaic panel on the set of cells that have adequate support and coatings that protect you from weather.