In the 21st century humankind has understood that the fossil fuel which has been used for ages to produce energy is almost finished. The scientists have predicted that the remaining fossil fuel will be able to power the world for more 50-60 years. But what will happen after that? Alternative source of energy is one of the major researches of modern science. So far, the researches didn’t go unrewarded. Nuclear energy is very promising. Only a few grams of radiated atom are able to power a big city for weeks. But the problem with nuclear energy is, it is very harmful to the environment. On the other hand controlling nuclear energy is very tough. It is not possible for everyone to afford it. As a result, we are desperately in need of thinking about such alternatives that are environment friendly, affordable and safe. Solar energy can be a very good alternative.
People have already started to use solar energy. Not only in the developed countries, but also many third world countries have adopted this technology. Solar energy can be converted into electricity in two ways. Huge solar panels can be installed in open spaces and then the electricity produced from that solar power plant can be distributed. Theother one is installing solar panels individually. These solar panels can’t produce huge amounts of energy, but are good enough for personal usage.
Installing a solar panel is just not enough. You need to maintain the solar panels too. If you don’t maintain the solar panels properly, they can go out of order and create issues for you. For ensuring that your solar panels work without any disruption and powers your house, there is no alternative to test them from time to time. Here are the main reasons why you should test your solar panel in regular basis:
- Solar panels produce safe energy. Still, there are some risks associated with solar panels. In some countries like Germany and France, reports have shown that household fire can break out because of electrical faults in solar panels that are installed in rooftops. For avoiding such issues, you need to check for electrical faults in your rooftop solar panel from time to time.
- When solar power is system is installed on a larger scale, large areas are cabled with underground wires. If the level of insulation is poor, then the system can leak to earth. If the condition is damp or wet, system failures are high possibilities. Proper maintenance and insulation can mitigate this issue.
- Solar panels are totally exposed to elements because they have to be kept on open spaces so that the sunlight can be absorbed to produce energy. As a result, they can be damaged because of corrosion. Corrosion can bring massive electric accidents. Solar panels needs to be tested regularly to prevent corrosion.
- If the solar panels are being used for quite a few years, they efficiency can be reduced or they can be contaminated. If no maintenance or testing takes place, they won’t be able to provide service for a long time. You need to clean the solar panels from time to time as well for getting better service. Testing is necessary to ensure longevity.
- Bad wiring is another reason for solar panels being damaged. If the wiring touches the vegetation, then the copper wires will be exposed. People can suffer from electric shocks if that happens.
- If you have purchased your solar panel from a solar panel provider company with warranty, then they are liable to fix any kind of problem and change the panel if it can’t be fixed while damaged. But there are some certain conditions under which the warranty won’t be available. For avoiding those circumstances, it is necessary to test the panels from time to time.
- Solar panels can be damaged for another reason. If someone messes with the solar panels without knowing, they can damage the whole system. Sometimes the consequences of such damages are not instant. The panels go totally out of order after a few days. Testing the panels will let you know whether someone has caused any damage or not.
Author Bio: Anna Cluff is a green energy specialist. She has been researching on making green energy more available and affordable towards general people for a better tomorrow. She has published quite a few papers on solar panel efficiency. Right now she is researching on how solar panels link with the main electricity line of a house.